Please try another search.
Access to this dataset is restricted by organisation authentication keys. Please type a valid authentication key. These are available for Public Sector Geospatial Agreement (PSGA) members and licenced partners only. This dataset is currently NOT available under an Open Government Licence (OGL). If you meet the criteria for access or are unsure of your authentication key, please contact us using the Contact Us form.
Access to this dataset is restricted by organisation authentication keys. A data sharing agreement between SGN and Improvement Service provides access only to Scottish local authorities. Non-local-authority Public Sector Geospatial Agreement (PSGA) members do not currently have access.. If you meet the criteria for access and are unsure of your authentication key, or alternatively if you would like to discuss a separate data sharing agreement, please get in touch using the Contact Us form.
Terms and Conditions
The use of this data is restricted to local authorities in Scotland and in accordance with the data sharing agreement between Improvement Service and SGN:
The licence terms can be expressed in terms of Permitted and Not Permitted Acts on the part of the User:
- 1. Permitted Acts by the User:
use of the Maps Data shall be for internal functions only in connection with planning or operational purposes, to assist in fuel poverty or energy efficiency assessment and for the purpose of preventing damage to SGN’s pipe work in accordance with regulation 16 of the Pipeline Safety Regulations and the Health and Safety Executive’s HS (G) 47 guidance; and
to use the PC viewing software to view and print data.
2. Not Permitted Acts by the User:
- to copy, adapt, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, adapt or make error corrections to the Maps Data in whole or in part.
- to forward the Maps Data to any third party without SGN’s prior written consent;
- to sub-license or to assign the benefit or burden of this Agreement in whole or in part; and
- to use any prints of the Maps Data for any purpose other than showing the location of the gas network plant for the purposes listed in Clause 2.1.
The Maps Data is up to date at the time of issue, but it is given without warranty as to the accuracy of the information shown. Service pipes, valves, siphons, sub-connections etc. are not shown but their presence should be anticipated. No liability of any kind whatsoever is accepted by SGN or its agents, servants or sub-contractors for any error or omission.
Should the User wish to excavate in the vicinity of pipelines, the User should visit SGN via sgn.co.uk/Safety/Dig-safely for further information. SGN use an on-line mapping system, accessible via the sgn.co.uk/Safety/Dig-safely web pages or linesearchbeforeudig.co.uk, this process should be used to obtain up to date maps and safety information before you excavate. However, if you need more information please contact our Safety Admin team on 0800 912 1722 or by email: email@example.com.
For the avoidance of doubt, safe digging practices, in accordance with HS (G) 47, must be used to verify and establish the actual position of mains, pipes, services and other apparatus on site before any mechanical plant is used. It is your responsibility to ensure that this information is provided to all persons (whether direct labour or contractors) working for you on or near gas apparatus.
- Mains shown on the Maps Data are those owned by SGN by virtue of being a licensed Gas Transporter (GT). Gas pipes owned by other GT’s, or third parties, may also be present in the area and are not shown on the Maps Data. Information with regard to such pipes should be obtained from the relevant owners.